Monday, April 13, 2020

SCHOOL RECORD 4 X 200

We have had several 4 x 200 relay teams either win or finish in the top two Indoors.

Here are the ones that actually won the State Championship in 2005. We had a BOMB SQUAD that year. There is a video on it, but it's HORRIBLE.

Some say I took the video, but I do not recall, because I know where I was when I watched this relay. I was down  by the finish line and watched the whole race develop

We changed the order from the previous year because Cortney Birtwell graduated...she was the Western Mass champion in the 600.

We led off with Erika Graham ( the current Pole Vault record holder). Erika was a phenomenal 55 dash person that finished 3rd in Western Mass., and 9th in the State.

From there, we went with Beth Honecker who was also a terrific sprinter. More suited for the 300. At Western Mass., some FOOL was playing hackysack and almost hit her with it while she was running past!. I was ticked off, but I was not going to have her re-run the race by herself.

Third was Danielle Czaplicki. She was one of the least confident people I ever coached, BUT she finished second in the 600 at Western Mass, losing only to a girl from Longmeadow that ended up running for Brown University.

My strategy with her was put her third and have her IN the race, so that she would not have to THINK about anything but not letting the team down.

The anchor was the fastest girl to ever ear an East Longmeadow uniform. 2 time Western Mass champion in the 55 dash, and had just won the State title in the same event. She ended up finishing second in the all-states in the Long Jump and was NATIONALLY ranked: Kara Budd






THE FRAMEWORK FOR THE 2004 STATE TITLE
ERIKA, DANIELLE, BETH, & KARA

THIS IS THE FIRST TIME THIS VIDEO HAS EVER BEEN SEEN..HOPEFULLY THE LAST!








No comments:

Post a Comment