Friday, April 3, 2020

RELAY MONTH: WINNING WESTERN MASS

I might have accidently erased this, but I wanted to make certain it was left up.

In this race we have leading off MORGAN (DMV) VOIGHT - a freshman replacement for Vivian Brennan who was injured.

Followed by ABBY ( HAMMER) LAUGHLIN - another freshman, but still earned the freshman record for ELHS's 600, which she still has.
.

Then a sophomore DANIELLE (JELLY) NAULT, who really was not a sprinter, but was a consistent runner throughout her career...of course NOW she is a Marathon runner.

Anchored by  Team captain GABBY (RED ROBIN) WEITHOFER, who said before the race, 'Why don't we just WIN it?"

In order to win Western Mass., we needed to win the final event, the 4 x 400.

My favorite part of the race is the finish, where she is totally exhausted and the team rallies around her in a circle, then they realize that they just had won their THIRD STRAIGHT Western Mass title.

I think as long as I shall live, that may be the one Track and Field moment I will never forget!




No comments:

Post a Comment