Friday, October 30, 2020

SNOW!

For all intents and purposes, our regular season is over. 

Official results vs. Minnechaug still have to be determined, there were some discrepancies, but certainly the Falcons prevailed. The times of each member of our team still have to be confirmed.

I think we did well, but I am uncertain how well. We shall figure it out.

For today, roads are slippery. I do not know how cold it is outside, nor how it shall be after 1:00pm.

The other danger is leaves under snow. We also are not permitted to practice in the school.

I am going to do something I NEVER do. Let's re-group and start fresh on Monday. Regardless of what the weather might be, you shall have a chance to rest and get that extra hour of time for yourself (remember we fall BACK an hour on Saturday night.

There are still several things I want to get done before we pack it in.

Timed mile for all on Wednesday (would like managers to attend). Also, the following week we will run our REAL course against one another ( November 10). 

Because Winter Sports is truly questionable, I believe it is in your best interests that we continue on until November 20 as far as training goes (weather conditions permitting and at the discretion of the Athletic Director). I shall keep you all informed of what we are doing. 

We still have the tennis court and pretty much access to the turf and field because we start early.

I think we have had a successful season.  The last several years have given us many a challenge. Think about it: extreme heat, the threat of west nile, cold, rain, covid, etc. Every one of us has adapted to the changes and I do not believe anyone has complained. 

Each student  and parent understands that safety is the primary concern. Your parents have provided us with nourishment at our contests and have been exemplary throughout. Special thanks to Mr. Cassidy for videotaping what we have done. Everything this season is on ELCAT.

PLEASE DO THE 30 MINUTE WORKOUT today, and tomorrow if not for anything else, to humor me!

We shall be back in business again on MONDAY....HAPPY HALLOWEEN!



HERE IS THE WORKOUT



No comments:

Post a Comment